This project upgraded Tonkin Highway between Guildford Road and Reid Highway to freeway-standard with three lanes in each direction, new interchanges at Collier Road and Morley Drive, and a flyover at Benara Road.
The project is acknowledged to have set a new benchmark for ‘Infrastructure Sustainability’ in Australia, having:
- realised 11 independently verified sustainability innovations;
- dramatically reduced capital and operational costs;
- demonstrably enhanced economic, social and environmental outcomes;
- achieved the highest ever IS AS-built Rating (95 points) date; and
- won national awards for outstanding achievement and impact