Bookkeeper / Administrator
Company: Perspektiv Australia
Location: Sydney / Perth
Date issued: 26/05/22
Status: Full Time (open to other arrangements)
All About Us.
Perspektiv is a professional services consultancy dedicated entirely to sustainability. Established in Perth in 2017 by Patrick Ilott, Perspektiv now also operates out of Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Hobart.
We are agents for positive change and well versed in all aspects of sustainability. We pride ourselves on
our ability to get things done and are We are committed to helping humanity achieve the United Nations
Sustainable Development Goals by 2030.
Using our rock-solid first principles we help organisations navigate the noise and complexity of sustainability to efficiently address the issues they influence. Our
service areas include:
Leadership and Governance
Ratings & Assurance
Carbon & Lifecycle Impacts
Resilience & Adaptation
Human Rights and Empowerment
We work across many market sectors including Infrastructure, Building & Precincts, Energy & Resources, Products & Manufacturing, Investment & Finance, Food & Agriculture, Government and Not for Profits.
About the Role.
Perspektiv now employs 23 team members across four national offices. Significant growth is set to continue which has created the need for a Bookkeeper / Administrator to join the team to coordinate functional and efficient business processes. This is a multi-faceted role and the successful individual will be critical in enabling the business to continue delivering our services to clients while “Finding a Better Way”.
The below relates to responsibilities covering all office locations with scope to take on additional duties in line with successful performance and business growth.
This role represents a big opportunity to contribute to, and benefit from, the ongoing growth of this dynamic employee-owned consultancy. Rest assured if you are the successful candidate your potential will not be under-utilised
• Accounts (receivable and payable), bank reconciliations, staff expenses
• Assist the Director with business reporting and analysis
• Support with commercial tenders and contracts
• Manage office stakeholders (e.g. strata) and coordinate trades / services
• Organise local and inter-state team meetings, create agendas and take minutes
• Support the wider team with software and systems queries (Xero, WorkFlow Max, Microsoft Office)
• Book team travel, accommodation and reservations as required for project activities and internal events
• Procurement and maintenance of office supplies focusing on sustainable supply
• Act as a first point of contact for business enquiries through phone and email
• Previous experience in a bookkeeping / administrative / office management role
• Excellent time management, organisation and prioritisation skills
• Clear and concise written, verbal and interpersonal skills
• A positive, can-do attitude
• A high attention to detail with the ability to simplify and remove needless complexity
• Team player who is able to build relationships quickly
• Proficiency in Microsoft packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
• Experience working in a fast-paced scaling business (desirable)
• Previous experience using Xero and WorkflowMax software (desirable)
How to Apply
Even if you don’t meet all the criteria above, we encourage you to apply. We are also open to alternative work arrangements across full- or part- time engagements (i.e. arrangements that suit your life, family, location, etc.) so please suggest these as part of your application.
To apply, please send a combined CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org telling us:
What sustainability means to you,
What you’re passionate about; and,
How working with Perspektiv fits with your professional aspirations.